Wednesday, November 16, 2011

DPN Roll

A couple of weekends ago I wanted to make a pair of mittens so I had to go through my cup of unsorted (gasp) DPNs (double pointed needles for any non-knitters) to find the needles I needed. I thought "I really should make a needle holder for these" which is what I thought every single time I needed anything out of that cup.

So I finally just got off my butt and made one.

DSCF0686

The outer fabric was leftover pieced scraps from a previous project and the inner fabrics were an assortment from stash.

DSCF0689

I consulted a variety of tutorials but in the end just winged it based on the measurements of the outer fabric and the number of sets I had.

DSCF0692

I feel so much better now, having all the DPNs in their homes, sorted and ready to be used.

2 comments:

  1. This is gorgeous! I only have 4 DPN (I just started knitting), but this is exactly the kind of sewing project I love. Something functional but also gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete

Hi! I'm so glad you stopped by. I'd love to hear from you.