Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Nature/Nurture

This morning as I was watering my plants I saw something in one of the pots.

What is that?

What is that? Is that a...?

is that?  what?

I think it IS a...

Attack of the mushrooms

MUSHROOM. In my lily plant!

It's kind of cute though. I might leave it for a while. Until it grows big and not cute. Not sure how nature made it into my nurtured plant soil but...

True Confessions time: I hate hate hate mushrooms in/on/as food. I will politely eat them if they are in sauce or in something and it would be rude to pick them out but I have to tell my brain they are something else while eating them. Oddly, I think toadstools & mushrooms are quite pretty when in the wild. (note: a plant in a pot in my living room does not constitute "the wild")

To cleanse the visual palate, as it were: a picture of real nature, where it belongs.

Fishin' in the rain

The Sunday of the Canada Day Weekend (Canada Day would be July 1, for any non-Canadians) The Boy, his parents, his nephew & I went into Kananaskis in search of a suitable fishing spot. We had light rain/drizzle the entire day and eventually settled in at this lake that I forgot the name of and wow I'm so good at nature/travel blogging.

Thank you everyone who commented on the Bandana (banana?) Quilt! When I made it I was thinking "oh that's a bit Stampede-y" but then just went on with my life. Then about 1 minute after posting I realized how well timed that was, as we are in the middle of Stampede right now! Yee Haw. Bandana Quilt!

2 comments:

  1. Sometimes a spore might drift in through an open window.

    Otherwise, your lily was attempting to make sauce.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ...what a surprise! You might find a goblin to go with it as well...?!!

    ReplyDelete

Hi! I'm so glad you stopped by. I'd love to hear from you.