Wednesday, December 09, 2009

Looking ahead

The end of afghan #2 is in sight. I need to focus on afghan #3 for Logan... but...

I'm really really really looking forward to doing something else. I just read a blog post by Kate Davis of needled about cables and history. It got me itching to knit something cabled and woolen. It got me thinking about all of the awesome yarn my friend brought me from Ireland...

So, dear reader friends, any suggestions? I have 600 grams (i think, if I recall correctly) each of a light grey and a dark grey. I don't think I'd have enough to do an entirely cabled sweater or cardigan but I would love something with some cables. I'm open to suggestions. I'm leaning towards a cardigan just because I would get more use out of one what with overheated offices etc.

For now, I'll keep plugging away on the afghans but looking ahead to that wool...

3 comments:

  1. Are you on Ravelry? I just saw this child's sweater set that is two-tone so it would accommodate your two colors. I have no idea how much it calls for, though. http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/adameve-unisex-baby-toddler-sweater-and-hat

    You were probably looking for something adult, but I didn't know of anything fabulous off the top of my head to recommend, and this little duo was too cute not to mention. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always want to reply to your comments on my blog, but don't have your email address so I'll just comment here. I think you'd love the Brea Bag (and hey, you could always use that bit of yarn you're holding onto... the bag does have cables, after all). Thanks for the moral support about the Christmas cards... I have felt like a shmuck about it. :)

    ReplyDelete

Hi! I'm so glad you stopped by. I'd love to hear from you.