Sunday, November 02, 2008

Spinning Sunday

Here are the latest two skeins that I have spun. I have a tendency to spin fine (sometimes TOO fine) and decided to consciously spin fatter this time. I always feel like I should be trying to get as much yardage out of the roving as possible, with is why I end up spinning so fine.

Thermograph
120 yards/110 meters, 4 oz
BFL top from Spunky Eclectic FOTM club from August "Thermograph"
approx. worsted weight
The colors in this FOTM club roving were not "me" at all, but the BFL is so soft and squooshy I decided it needed to be a big bouncy yarn. I love how it turned out, even though I wouldn't wear something made from it. I think I need to spin like this more often!

Long Beach
164 yards/150 meters, 5.5 oz
Viscose/mohair/wool/nylon sparkle/soy silk
Roving from Gaslight Dyeworks Etsy store.
approx. worsted weight
I love how this turned out! I have never spun a blended roving like this before and it was so interesting to see how it was coming together. It has a bit of everything (sqooshy wool, sparkle, smooth soy silk) and I love how it turned out. I'm not sure what it will become, but it might end up as a Christmas present of some sort.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! I'm so glad you stopped by. I'd love to hear from you.