Sunday, November 30, 2008

Serpentine Mitts

I can't believe I made it. 30 days. 30 boring posts! Whew. And, I also can't believe I can finish off with a finished knit! Woo hoo!

Serpentine Mitts
Pattern: Serpentine Mitts from Mim's Blog
Yarn: Sirdar Country DK leftover from stash.
Christmas gift for Secret Santa at work.

Serpentine Mitts

I love these mitts. They were a fast knit, about a day for each mitt, but they probably could have been done faster if I hadn't been so distracted in between. The ribbing makes them cozy without being tight. I think they will be forgiving for size (I don't know the hand size of the recipient).

Serpentine Mitts tubular bind off

I did a tubular bind off, which I am in love with. It makes the bind off stretchy and it looks very finished, you know? I'm so glad I forced myself to figure it out.

Serpentine Mitts oops

See that up there? On the right in that picture (it's actually the left-hand mitt)? See the top cable crossing? See how both of them go the same direction on that one but they go opposite directions on the other? Yeah. I didn't notice it until after I had finished both of them and was taking pictures... Oh well. Oops! I don't think the recipient will throw them down in disgust due to that mistake, and if she does, I'll keep them for myself... Hmm... now that I say that I do really like them... hmm.

Thanks for hanging with me the past month. I'm definitely not going to keep up the posting every day, I just don't have enough interesting things happening in my day-to-day life. I am glad though that I made the attempt, it was quite a challenge. So, thanks again.

1 comment:

  1. Those are very nice. I wouldn't have noticed the mistake if you didn't point it out. Good job. And good job posting everyday. I guess I should knit more, then I'd have more to blog about :)

    ReplyDelete

Hi! I'm so glad you stopped by. I'd love to hear from you.