Saturday, November 15, 2008

I can SEE!!!

I'll spare you the complete blow-by-blow details of the surgery and my day yesterday, but wow, was that a long day. Lots of waiting around. Lots of time to get nervous. The surgery itself was over so quickly, though while it was happening it seemed to take forever. (Hold your eye open while someone is randomly touching it and count to 40 or more...) The pain was minimal, more of a cutting onions kind of pain than anything else. After the numbing drops wore off my eyes clamped shut. It was like they said "Look, we had a meeting and, well, you don't seem to be too discriminating about what you let happen to us right now so we are making the decisions." and stayed shut.

After eyedrops (with the help of the Boy who had to actually hold my eyes open) and a nap, I was much better. I had my follow-up already this morning and my vision is just slightly better than 20/20! It is truly unbelievable. I've worn glasses since I was 10.

This morning before I got up I was lying in bed thinking "I wonder what time it is? I'm too cozy I don't want to find my glasses to see. OH! I don't have to!" I imagine I'll have that kind of moment a few times before I get used to it.

I was slightly disappointed that I didn't get the super cool huge brown wrap-around sunglasses for after the surgery. The ones they provided are just not as awesome.
IMG_3171

But, I did get to wear eye-shields for sleeping
IMG_3170
I was debating whether to post a picture of me in the eye-shields but, honestly, it made me laugh everytime I looked at it so... you're welcome

...and they gave me this REALLY awesome FANNY PACK to hold all my drops and sunglasses & eye shields. Yes, a Fanny Pack. You're jealous. I know.
IMG_3175

Today I get to use the computer! and watch TV! and read!! (when I told the Boy I wasn't allowed to do those things yesterday he said "Those are your favorite things!") But right now, I need a nap (my appointment was at 8! what?! on a Saturday??!!)

8 comments:

  1. I'm glad it went so well for you! And you got a fanny pack?! Lucky!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh, the eye shields! So funny.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm fairly new here, but I want to say that I'm very happy your lasix surgery went well.
    I stumbled upon your blog somehow reading Ravelry, I don't know how and I just thought your projects were awesome.
    I also wanted to say, ahem, umm, I'm not "THAT" OLD...
    and, I think a brownie doesn't need frosting on it because it can hold itself on it's own.
    I think you are a wonderful crafter,knitter, and I'm just wondering much better at things are you going to be now without having to bother with your glasses!
    I found you to have a cool personality and I was inspired to actually make a blog, which my husband has been telling me to do but,I kept putting it off, you make it seem enjoyable and what a way to remember to get pictures of things we make for others and give a piece of ourselves, and be able to have a keepsake. I know have a nicer perspective of blogging, you have made a blogger of me. Believe me I'm a babbler too! Take care, and btw I was jealous of the fanny pack, but the eye shields, girl you had it goin' on!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Damn, that's awesome!! I've been wondering what I'll do with my new homeowner tax credit, and I think I'll have to get me a fanny pack!

    So on a pain scale, is it very tolerable? How long did it take? Sorry for all the questions, I don't really know anyone IRL who's had lasik. How long do you have to wear the eye shields? How exciting for you, now you can wear all the cute sunglasses and no more fogging up!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Please tell me you'll put the eye shield pic as a Ravelry avatar. I laugh every time I see them - your expression in them is priceless. Glad you had a positive experience! I'd like to have it done one day as well.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The eye shields are awesome :) I'm glad your surgery went well :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glad it went well - I'm very envious; imagine being able to see the time on the alarm clock without your glasses!
    The eye shield photo is priceless!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hahahaha awesome bubble eyes! I totally remember the day after the surgery and I woke up and peeked out the window and saw ALL the way down the street! Best money I ever spent!! Kind of erased the horror of having someone poking at my eyes...

    Glad it went well! Enjoy your laser-vision! :)

    ReplyDelete

Hi! I'm so glad you stopped by. I'd love to hear from you.