Wednesday, July 02, 2008

Covering every square inch of my world

Apparently I have some disorder that is causing me to want to cover every square inch of my world in fabric or fiber. I'm sure I'm not alone in this. There probably is some sort of support group for it. Oh yeah, there's Craftster, Ravelry, knit-alongs, sew-alongs, knitting meet-ups, spin-ins... I guess those things are more "enabling groups" than "support groups"... haha

I took a couple of extra days off this past weekend to make a 5 day weekend for Canada Day (July 1, Canada's birthday for those non-Canadians in the crowd). I caught a ride with my brother, sister-in-law and their three toddlers. Yes. You read that right: 3 toddlers. Almost-3-year-old twin boys and a 1-year-old daughter. Love those kids but, wow, they are, um, rambunctious. And loud. And hilarious. They were really good in the vehicle, but, still, three toddlers in an enclosed space is three toddlers in an enclosed space.

(where was I going with this? Oh yeah...)

Every time I drive anywhere for any length of time, or when it's hot in the car, I wish I had a cover for my seatbelt so it won't cut into my neck. I've seen fuzzy animal covers for kids, but hadn't seen one for grown-ups.

so...

Seatbelt cover

The squiggle quilting on one end was a test patch with my quilting/darning foot. It wasn't overly successful. I used scrap fabrics and a scrap of batting, sewed a rectangle and quilted. I used velcro to close and voila...
Seatbelt cover outsideSeatbelt cover inside

Next up? TV cozy?

In other news:
Roundabout Leaf Tank in progress
I'm this close to being done my Roundabout Leaf Tank from Knitting Nature... I can't wait. I think I'll really love this tank when it's completed.

3 comments:

  1. Three toddlers in a car? I'd have sewn myself a quilted head cozy instead of a seatbelt cover.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice! You keep coming up with nice things!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So how many projects do you have going on at once? Because I find that that's a distinctly insidious aspect of the general crafting disease.

    ReplyDelete

Hi! I'm so glad you stopped by. I'd love to hear from you.