Sunday, September 30, 2007

Ouch.

IMG_0596

I think I need to face facts. My wrist and shoulder hurt. That day that every knitter dreads has arrived. It is bothering my arm to knit. I think it's because I knit the ribbing and 5 rounds of my Deep V Argyle vest last night on bamboo needles that had a really clunky join. Having to fight to move the stitches around the circular needle + sticky wool + stranded knitting = ouch.

IMG_0616

Today I decided that I was going to set the Deep V vest aside until I got better needles and worked on this:
IMG_0604
Textured Tunic from Fitted Knits. I'm using a much finer yarn than called for, which is producing a nice drapey fabric. I opted to not do the flaps with buttons and just did a shirt-tail type hem. I plan to make it long sleeved rather than the 3/4 shown.

But, it too, was ouch. DK weight cotton yarn on US 10 1/2 needles (again with not the smoothest join in the world) contributed to the wrist and shoulder discomfort.

I went to the LYS this afternoon in search of a better US4 circular with which to knit my vest and I now have a brand new BFF:
IMG_0612
I splurged on a set of Addi Turbo Lace circulars. Sigh. So smooth, so sleek but not overly slippery. Sigh.

I may have been tempted by some beautiful Araucania Ranco Multy but I ABSOLUTELY did NOT* buy any. No I didn't*. Honest*.

So, now what do I do? I bought some fabric (**cough** on-sale sheet set **cough**) with which to make a new bathrobe and a pair of pajama pants, but it didn't completely dry in the dryer (grr) so I won't be sewing tonight. So, I'll try spinning and hopefully I can do THAT. Or I'll work on the fabric pieces for the duvet cover I started months ago. How do people just sit in the evenings? I don't know about you, but I have realized lately that I find it nearly impossible to just sit still without doing something or making something, even while watching TV.

* lies. all lies. sorry. I did buy 2 skeins for a friend's birthday present which, in my internal justification system makes it alright. ehem.
IMG_0614

1 comment:

  1. Sorry to hear about your arm - that's rough. I also find it almost impossible to just sit and watch tv. I do find that small needles and thin yarn are easier on my wrists, but it's really the needles that make the difference. Addis are wonderful.

    ReplyDelete

Hi! I'm so glad you stopped by. I'd love to hear from you.