Sunday, November 05, 2006

trying to get some control

gah. I'm missing a whole week! Last weekend, I took a few pictures and planned to post and somehow I didn't and now it's a week later. Gah.

I enjoyed all of your comments about obsessing thinking about knitting/spinning/etc. So glad to know I'm not alone in this... (ahhh, warm happy community feeling).

Since that post I've been thinking about why I don't seem to actually be getting anything done lately. I have so so so many WIPs on the go right now and I don't know why I don't just finish one of them. That is part of the reason I haven't posted. A knit blog without any actually knitting/fiber content (har) is really boring, right?

Also, one of the more frustrating aspects of winter for me is the lack of daylight in my "free time" hours. My camera doesn't do so well with artificial light, so pictures will be taken on weekends for now. Which is my excuse for not posting. Just thought I should be up front about it right off the start.

Anyway, I was thinking about it and I realized that I sometimes get myself into a space where I take on too much and then spend all my time trying to keep up with it rather than actually accomplishing anything. Right now, my knitting/fiber/crafty world is like that, as is my job. I've been trying to figure out how to get a better handle on my job (I'll write more about all that sometime), but as for the knitting stuff, I realized that part of it was this:


this is just a sample of the yarn/book disaster zone

So, last Saturday I went to Ikea with my friend Cobi and her kids (Hi Cobi) and I ended up with this:

Cheap Inexpensive book shelves to house my collection of novels and books from College that I will probably never read again.

Also, looking at this (somewhat blurry, sorry) picture makes me realize i HAVE accomplished something this week. The fiber draped over the wheel has been spun and plied since last Saturday. Yay me! I finished something that makes no impact on my Christmas project list whatsoever!

and this:

Aaaaahhhhh....

I still haven't completed any knitting projects, but at least I don't feel all twitchy from the overwhelming pile of yarn and books.

So, I plan to make myself stick to a schedule (still to be determined) and stop thinking about new projects while working on something (which I pledged to do last night and stuck to for exactly 4 minutes). Wish me luck!

(I'll try to take pics of my WIPs today. I may space them out over the week and post more regularly... or I might forget for a week. we'll see.)

1 comment:

  1. Nice organizational work! Your before shot is quite similar to my current situation. Really blocks the creative flow to have all that disarray daunting you. Might just have to follow your lead.

    ReplyDelete

Hi! I'm so glad you stopped by. I'd love to hear from you.