Sunday, February 12, 2006

Day 2 Update

Day 2 of the Olympics saw a Bronze Medal in Speed Skating (Women's 3000m) going to Canada.
(pointless name-dropping: Cindy Klassen goes to my church.)(I don't know her)(told you it was pointless)

Day 2 Knitting Update:
(although, if you count the Opening Ceremonies as Day 1, then this is Day 3)

One sleeve complete. I'm hoping that blocking improves the look of the fair isle, although from a distance it looks not too bad.

However, lest I get too excited for my speed on the first sleeve, I fear an equipment issue will sideline my Olympic chances.

I had forgotten that when I got this yarn from The Yarn Lady (still can't remember her name) there were 9 balls in the bag (labelled 10) and that 2 of them were a different dye lot. D'OH. The difference is fairly noticeable (the ball with the paper tucked into it is the dyelot I'm using for the sleeves).

I used 2 balls for the first sleeve, which will mean that I will need 2 for the second sleeve which will leave 3 for the body (who says I can't do the maths?). I don't know if that will be enough.

I am thinking now that I might do the whole body in the green. The pattern calls for a switch to the contrast color for the yoke of the body, so I'm thinking I might start in the green, do the band of fair isle and if it is looking like I won't have enough of the green, then I'll do the top in the same color as the sleeve. Thoughts? It looks okay in my head, but I'm not sure if it will translate well in reality. I sort of feel like I'm skiing the downhill without any sort of preparation here...

Short Track Speed Skating is on right now. This is an exciting sport but, frankly, it's a little crazy. Like Roller Derby crazy. Apparently I'm not the only one who has made this comparison. Lots of fun to watch.

Up next in the Knitting Olympics: Sleeve 2!

1 comment:

  1. Good luck with the different dye lot. You are making so much progress. You'll be done in no time. It looks really good, too.

    ReplyDelete

Hi! I'm so glad you stopped by. I'd love to hear from you.