Wednesday, February 22, 2006

Day 12: The Thrill of Victory and the Agony of...

I can't even type the words. Sob

We were all very excited at work. One of the managers brought in a TV. We could watch The Game!

Our excitement was short lived. Much sadness ensued. Several non-PG words were shouted. (not all of them by me).

However... Watching replays and seeing the pictures of Chandra Crawford receiving her Gold for the Sprint in Cross Country Skiing (alternate name: Running with planks on your feet) is enough to put a grin on any face. With all the cocky winners, the "Yeah, I knew I had it all along" post-victory interviews, watching this skier beam from ear to ear, is refreshing.

There was also a really great Silver for the Canadian Women's Short Track Relay team! AND a Gold and Silver in Long Track speed skating!!

Hockey? What hockey?

Knitting!!

I have divided for front and back and I'm knitting both sides of the v-neck at the same time.

(is that the most interesting knitting update you've ever read?)

Thanks for all the encouragement! I think I can do it. And, as we all know, "I think I can" will TOTALLY get this train to the top of the mountain. er. "I think I can" will TOTALLY get this sweater knit by Sunday. Is it really Wednesday already?

And ferg? Thanks for considering my brief side-trip as "having a life outside of knitting"!! That made me laugh for quite some time...

2 comments:

  1. I hope I didn't offend, it's just that most knitting blogs make it seem like there's no life other than Knitting and it's all got a bit more frenzied during the olympics. I'm sure you have a wonderful life that they ought to make a movie out of, cheers Gillian
    ps the knitting is awesome. I cant handle circulars very well at all. I'm terrific at scarves though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've just posted some rugging stuff. After the "hookie", I'm going to have a go at "proddie" and then "braiding" so I'll keep posting. Cheers, Gillian

    ReplyDelete

Hi! I'm so glad you stopped by. I'd love to hear from you.