Friday, September 02, 2005

here comes the awwwwwwwwwwwww....

This post will be without Title for the time being. My computer has a tendency to just shut down my browser when I begin to enter text in some fields in forms online. Just part of the fun of having a geriatric computer. Whee.

Just thought I'd show you the latest sock that I made. I seem to be somewhat sock obsessed on a bit of a sock kick lately. I know that my total sock count is not terribly high yet, but there are several partial socks and partial pairs hanging around.

The latest addition:

"Hmm," you think, "A plain blue sock. What's the big deal?"

Well, let me show you. (of course, at this point I'm assuming that you are playing along and have not noticed the scale of the above sock)



Cute huh? I got the pattern from here at Jesse's Branch Charity Crafts.

(can you tell I'm a tad excited about the new babies?)

I also completed and delivered the Incredibly Boring Sweater, the Sequel. My co-worker gave it to his girlfriend and reported to me that "She liked it a lot". It's a little weird knitting something for someone you have never seen.

So, because I'm a little camera crazy and I have no other pics to post, here is the Incredibly Boring Sweater, the Sequel:


Must go knit on the mystery gift for my friend. I'll post pics when it's done and given to her. (it's not so mysterious really, this is all just in case she would happen by here before she gets the gift)(it's been a long day)(we find our amusement where we can)

*******************************

On a serious and totally non-knitting note:

I have never been to New Orleans, Mississippi or any of the Gulf States, nor do I know anyone there, but my heart breaks for the residents of those areas everytime I see any of the footage of what has happened and is happening. I can't imagine what the people there are going through.

I can only pray as I watch the footage. I pray that the aid will get to the afflicted and that order will be somewhat restored; that hearts and lives and bodies will be healed; that some measure of comfort will be made available and that some sense of dignity will be restored.

3 comments:

  1. I love that sequel sweater. You knit that fast? whoa You did a great job, too. Socks rule.

    ReplyDelete
  2. very cute socks!! [by the way, this is xoxcitylovexox from craftster]

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for your comment on my sockpattern! I think you're definitely ready to do 'fancy' socks. It's really satisfying to do a mini-lace knit, especially since I can't seem to get anything else done these days ;-)

    ReplyDelete

Hi! I'm so glad you stopped by. I'd love to hear from you.